Fundraising & Partnerships Director
|Job Title:||Fundraising & Partnerships Director|
|Reports to:||Managing Director|
|Location:||Dar es Salaam|
|Salary:||Up to 4.5m TSH + benefits (based on qualifications & experience)|
|Apply by:||15th February 2021|
|Term:||12 months, possibility to extend|
Anza is a Tanzanian organization that provides entrepreneurs the capacity, capital, and community they need to thrive via the Anza Accelerator, Growth Fund and Anza Hub spaces. Our services assist entrepreneurs to strengthen their operations, increase profitability, and scale their social impact to create more jobs and improve access to underserved markets. Anza is also actively engaged in shaping and maturing the Tanzanian innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
In addition to selling our services directly to entrepreneurs, Anza also provides business development services to entrepreneurs connected to our partner organizations, such as MEDA, CARE and Aga Khan Foundation, as they also share our belief in supporting entrepreneurs.
Anza has offices in Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Lindi/Mtwara.
Anza requires a highly talented and passionate Fundraising and Partnerships Director to work effectively with prominent partners and funders and lead the organization’s fundraising efforts to meet the annual budget. Specific responsibilities include:
Revenue Management, Strategy & Donor Compliance (70%)
Grants, Donor, Individual Donations, Revenue Consultancies:
- To develop, oversee and actively lead the implementation of a fundraising strategy which exploits a wide range of fundraising opportunities, maintains diverse and sustainable income streams, and builds the organization’s financial capacity to meet its objectives
- In partnership with the Director of Finance/MD, assist in the annual Anza revenue budgeting process
- Development of the Annual Fundraising Strategy including philanthropic capital and earned revenue
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance on actual vs budget, cash flow, and revenue projections from fundraising
- Prepare fundraising reports for Board meetings
- Participate in the annual audit process
- Manage bi-weekly fundraising meetings, preparation, agenda, follow-ups
- Continuously monitor and evaluate fundraising activities, taking corrective action to enhance and improve them when necessary
- To drive innovation in fundraising activity in order to deliver a long term impact and stable funding plan
- In partnership with the Managing Director, cultivate and steward current and potential donor relationships, including foundations and high net-worth individuals
- Proactively prepare the MD and Board for cultivation and solicitations
- Grants research – identify new pipeline
- Manage two Grant Research interns
- Identify ‘warm leads’ and build initial relationships with foundations
- Manage grant application process, including writing grant applications, developing slide decks, concept notes and liaising with relevant departments for information
- Design budgets and adapt financials for grant proposals
- Submit grant applications, with supporting documents
- Manage Fundraising Consultants for proposal writing
- Support Board of Directors in their fundraising goals and efforts
- Maintain relevant M&E collection and reporting procedures ensuring these are aligned with overall organizational M&E
- Track applications, upcoming deadlines, responses, reporting requirements, follow-up, etc.
- Liaising with Client Services Team for M&E data, lead the generation and distribution of relevant reports for existing funders,
- Manage the Individual Donations programme including development and implementation of #givingtuesday strategy, annual Christmas campaign, and other initiatives in Tanzania and abroad
- In partnership with the Managing Director, actively research, identify and solicit new institutional contracts and fee-for-service engagements / consultancy opportunities in line with Anza’s vision and program focus
- Support Managing Director as lead developer of proposal/pitch decks
- Management of bidding/proposal process, assigning roles, collating necessary documents, and developing budgets (including positive margins)
Grants, Major Donors and Individual Donors and Revenue Consultants
- Be a leader among leaders in maintaining the organizational culture, professionalism, focus on outcomes/deliverables, and embed the highest quality management standards
- Write annual report for UK charity commission
- In collaboration with the MD, create and manage Anza’s brand essence and communications Strategy
- Take overall responsibility for Anza’s brand and public presence.
- Support entrepreneur recruitment by positioning our advisory services through relevant activities.
- Get Anza in the news and the public eye.
- Take overall responsibility for the Anza website, social media, annual reports, and all promotional materials.
- Create a quarterly newsletter to share with supporters, partners, and funders.
- Project manage any suppliers, such as graphic designers or web developers, where work can’t be done in-house
Requirements for this Position
- Ability to work on own initiative and work to deadlines.
- Ability to apply a gender and social cohesive lens in their work and in all communications about the NGO.
- Ability to manage the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Community development or project development or in related field (MSc in development studies from a recognized institution will be an added advantage)
- At least 3+ years’ experience in grants management, fundraising and partnerships
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; public relations; prospect research; donor relations and stewardship
- Knowledge of major official donors, with proven ability in developing and maintaining effective working partnerships with donors
- Proven track-record in preparing fundable proposal development and submission
- Demonstrated senior leadership experiences at or outside of work
- Demonstrated ability to manage a junior or external team of consultants and stakeholders.
- Good computer skills and database management experience
- A proficient level of English and Swahili, written and oral
How To Apply
Send in the application to email@example.com with title “Fundraising & Partnerships Director” Deadline for Application is 15th February 2021, applications are accepted on a rolling basis until filled – early application encouraged!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, screening process will include case studies, competency tests, and behavioural interviews