Fundraising and Partnership Associate
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Anza team to fundraise for both Anza and AGF. You will play a pivotal role in supporting our mission by developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies to secure funds. You will work closely with the development team to cultivate relationships with donors, manage fundraising campaigns, and contribute to the financial sustainability of our organization.
- Create comprehensive fundraising strategies and plans to achieve the organizations financial goals. Identify potential funding sources and design targeted approaches for each.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies. Develop and implement donor cultivation strategies to enhance donor engagement and retention.
- Conduct research to identify potential individual and institutional donors. Gather information on their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, and connections to the organization mission to inform fundraising strategies.
- Develop compelling cases for support and fundraising appeals to engage and inspire donors
Utilize various fundraising channels, such as direct mail, online campaigns, events, and major gifts, to maximize revenue generation.
- Track fundraising progress, prepare regular reports, and present fundraising updates to the executive team and board of directors. Monitor and analyze fundraising metrics to identify areas for improvement and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Secure funding maintaining a 12-months runway.
Grant Writing and Proposal Development
- Research and identify grant opportunities relevant to Anza’s and AGF’s mission and programs
- Prepare compelling grant proposals, applications, and solicitation materials to secure funding from foundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Conduct thorough research to identify relevant funding opportunities and align them with organizational priorities.
- Develop proposal templates that can be used for ongoing and future grant applications
- Maintain accurate donor records and track fundraising progress using CRM software (we use Pipe Drive)
- Implement effective donor stewardship strategies to recognize and acknowledge contributions.
- Regularly communicate with donors, provide updates on the organization’s impact, and express gratitude for their support
- Manage weekly fundraising meetings with management (preparation, agenda, follow-up and updates)
- Continuously monitor and evaluate fundraising activities, taking corrective action or enhancing them when necessary
- Work closely with the executive team, program managers, and board members to align fundraising efforts with organizational priorities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather data and stories that demonstrate the organization’s impact
- Prepare fundraising reports/updates for Board meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven ability to meet or exceed fundraising targets and deliver measurable results.
- Goal-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving outcomes within set timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Proficiency in grant writing and proposal development
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Team player who works and communicates well with others, regardless of their background
- Passion for enabling the growth of entrepreneurs and alignment to Anza’s overall mission
The following criteria are desirable, but not requirements for the role
- Past work experience in Tanzania, Africa or other emerging markets
- Exposure to the startup finance space in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of fundraising software and CRM systems (we use Pipe Drive)
- Location: Remote
- Direct Report to: Anza Managing Director
- Indirect Report: Fundraising Committee
- Start Date: Immediate
- Please send your applications to email@example.com by July 5, 2023 6 pm EAT.
- CV and Cover Letter
- Fundraising work sample(s) i.e. grant proposals, grant reports, grant application (links or documents)
- 1-2 minute video on why you want to join the team and anything else you would like us to know that
can support your application
Anza and the AGF value candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences, so if you do not check all
these boxes but think you are a good candidate for the role, we encourage you to apply. We appreciate
your interest in Anza and efforts in applying for this position, sometimes due to volume we are unable to
revert to everyone but we try to do the same. All the best!