Supporting entrepreneurs helping to solve Tanzania’s social & innovation challenges
Anza, in partnership with the Aga Khan Foundation are excited to launch their Investment Readiness Accelerator 2022.
We are seeking growth stage ventures which are seeking to solve some of Tanzania’s most critical climate-related issues through an innovative business model. We are looking for business which operate under 1 of 6 of the most critical social sectors we serve.
We encourage women-led businesses to apply.
The program includes a series of three 4-day workshops which will provide businesses with hands-on training to refine business models, financials, sales pipelines. Next to this the program will provide selected entrepreneurs with:
- 1 to 1 tailored consultation from mentors, including leading experts in various industries in Tanzania and across the globe.
- Market research support on supply chains management, customer relations, team, and investor discovery.
- Investment capital facilitated by Anza Growth Fund. The graduates will also have lifetime eligibility to access funding from Anza Growth Fund.
- At the end of the program, 2 winners will be selected by the other entrepreneurs. The winners will be awarded $5,000 from our Anza Growth Fund. All graduating businesses will be introduced to our network of investors, allowing for easier access to affordable capital.
What we Offer
- Business Development Training and international mentorship to help you scale operations and get investment read.
- Grow your revenues by at least 20% in the next 12 month.
- Get access to a lifetime, affordable and risk tolerant capital to fund your business growth
- Get connected to relevant networks that drive your business growth through market linkage with institutional customers
- You must have a Tanzanian registered business that has been in operation for at least 3 years.
- Your business must provide climate related products or services* and operate in Agriculture, Education, Healthcare, Clean Energy, Financial Inclusion and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) sectors.
- You must have an annual revenue of at least 150,000,000 TZS.
- You should have at least 3 or more full-time employees.
- We encourage applicants that provide (technology-enabled) solutions for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- We encourage women-led businesses to apply.
Program Dates and Commitment
Selected businesses will be required to have one of their executive team members i.e. CEO attend all three workshops in Dar Es Salaam.
Anza will cover transport costs for all entrepreneurs, and provide accommodation for any entrepreneurs from outside of the Dar Es Salaam region.
- Workshop 1: 26th – 29th April 2022
- Workshop 2: 31st May – 3rd June 2022
- Workshop 3: 12th – 15th July 2022
Application Deadline: 31st March 2022